Winter Landscape Tips | Spring Landscape Tips | Summer Landscape Tips | Fall Landscape Tips
- Fertilize your lawn! September is the ideal time for your fall fertilization and fall weed pre-emergent application.
- Plant your fall color. Plant your fall color such as petunias marigolds, dianthus and zinnias in September for lovely color throughout the fall..
- Plan your spring bulb beds. Many stores begin getting their annual spring bulbs in mid-September. Be ready when they arrive to chill them yourself or have NHG chill them for you until it's time to plant later in the year.
- If you didn't fertilize in September, go ahead and winterize your lawn with a slow-release fertilizer or organic compost.
- Add compost and mulch to all flower and planting beds to prepare for winter.
- Purchase frost cloth to have on-hand for any unexpected cold snaps. Being prepared for any type of weather in Texas is always a good thing!
- It's bulb planting time! Plant your tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths now for beautiful spring time borders and beds. Make sure to ask your nursery if the bulbs are pre-chilled, or allow for time to chill them yourself before planting.
- Plant wildflower seeds--it's your last chance before spring.
Remember to spread birdseed throughout the winter months.